The Community Hang(out) was created by one of our favorite former team members, Leah Brenner Clack. Although she’s still making and creating around Boulder, her legacy lives on at madelife. The Community Hang(out) brings together living artists and our arts-loving community for a night of fun, competition, and hanging out.
The best part? 100% of sales go directly to the artists. Yup, that’s right. We don’t take a commission. In the spirit of bringing our community together to celebrate art and living artists, we simply open our doors, invite you in, and have fun!
We look forward to this event each year because it’s the perfect event to usher in a new year. Whether creating and making or seeing and supporting, the Community Hang(out) gives all artists an opportunity to hang up some art, and gives all humans an opportunity to hang out with them. It reminds us of our community here in Boulder and helps launch us into a year of creativity.
For those of you who haven’t joined us before, here’s how it works:
- NOW: register to hang up your artwork
- Saturday January 12th:
- 3PM: doors open for hanging up art
- 7PM: doors open to the public for hanging out. Meet the judges, meet the artists, buy some art (100% of sales to go the artist!)
- 9PM: doors close. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here 🙂
For more detailed info and FAQ, head-on over to the Community Hang(out) 2019 event page.
2019 Community Hang(out) Judges
We have four judges coming in this year:
- Lauren Click: Cultural Grants Program Office of Arts + Culture
- Kelly Duffield: artist
- Mary Wohl Haan: Coordinator, Programs for Artists, Dance Bridge Boulder Office of Arts + Culture
- Jessica Kooiman Parker: Freelance Designer and Visual Arts Curator at the Dairy Arts Center
See you there!